Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Baby love!

Hi everyone!!

By now everyone around us has heard, but I will announce it here on the blog anyway....we are having a baby! John and I are completely over the moon and excited about our little peanut. I am in my 16th week, and feeling wonderful. In the first trimester I was queasy at times and extremely exhausted...I seem to be in the lucky minority of women who don't have to live with their heads in the toilet. I have managed to sprout a wee Buddha belly, and am wearing it proudly. John is also feeling wonderful (I'm sure you were wondering), and keeping pace with my voracious reading of pregnancy- and baby-related books. Winston is of course clueless, but will no doubt have the shock of his little life when he realizes (1) that he has to share attention, and (2) that he was adopted (ha!). The baby has already been exposed to all sorts of Demon Deacon sports, as well as cell biology from a big meeting in San Francisco that I attended. The holidays in NC were fantastic, and it was really touching to see how excited our families are for the first grand-baby on either side.

I'll be posting some pictures from the past few weeks soon, but in the meantime, below is a picture of a baby at 16 weeks. I'd like to think it is from a webcam installed in my uterus, but that baby doesn't look like a ginger to me (you'll have see John's very cute baby pictures).

6 comments:

Kara said...

Yay!!! I am so excited and have been dreaming about Baby Campbell since you told us!

Brian said...

Yeah, but what kind of a dog is Winston?

Anonymous said...

That's great news!! Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see you guys at Brian's wedding!! Hmm...I'm bad at math - I wonder if you'll be very pregnant then or if you will have a little baby with you! What an amazing picture!

Jessica said...

So excited for you! Looking forward to keeping up with your progress.

Anonymous said...

Erin, of course we are very thrilled to be adding another cousin to the gang. I am glad to hear that the queasy was left behind after the first trimester. We will be seeing you soon enough, in LA!!!! Wow, I can't believe it, you having a baby, Brian getting married....wow!

Frances Katrin said...

Congratulations!!!! Wonderful news. The best book is, of course, The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding.