Thursday, July 16, 2009

Who wants more Katherine? I do!

The magnificent Katherine!
Now that we've all been home a while, and trying to get settled into some sort of "normal" routine, I figured I'd post an update on our lives with Katherine. First of all, many kudos to John for a great post about my labor and delivery. It really was an amazing experience, so much less terrifying than I expected. Sure, there was a lot of pain for many many hours before the epidural, and a lot of work during delivery, but I truly had fun getting this little bundle into this world. I owe a lot to 1)John, for his amazing support, 2)Dr. Coppola, for her mellow and encouraging manner, and 3)luck, that things went smoothly and my body worked the way I hoped it would. Katherine deserves a lot of credit too...that couldn't have been easy for her!

Our first few days with Katherine all sort of blur together from the sleep deprivation and excitement. We had some great nurses at the hospital who helped both me and Katherine adjust, and get started on breastfeeding (a two-step-forward-one-step-back adventure, but so worth the effort now). Katherine is amazing, and we are so blessed to have such a sweet girl in our lives. We've also been lucky to have help at home...we've had shifts of several proud grandparents helping us keep the house in order. Not to be forgotten, Winston has also been great...he shows interest in Katherine to the point of sniffing her or curling up at my feet during feedings, but not so much interest that we are worried at all. All in all, the Campbell household has been a very happy household!

More to come...

7 comments:

Frances Katrin said...

What an impressive gift. She sure is a cutie!

Dave said...

Erin and John,

Your daughter is beautiful - congratulations!! I know you will make terrific parents! Love the name!

Emily said...

Hooray! Yes, more lovely pictures, please!

Ellen said...

Erin, keep those facebook, blogger, family web page pictures coming. We love them!

Jessica said...

What a beautiful little girl! Thanks for taking the time to share pictures!

Jenny said...

I am so happy for all three of you! Katherine is beautiful - you have every right to be proud. [and good luck to John next week - I know he'll do a great job, but I hope he isn't too stressed out]. Take care!!

Jen said...

yay pictures! Thanks for posting, and looking forward to more in the future!