Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Spoiled rotten!

This weekend we were totally spoiled rotten by friends and family, and we are so ridiculously grateful for everyone. We moved into the new house two Saturdays ago, and Dad and Carol came in on Thursday night to help us get the house in working order. They helped us put together furniture, unpack boxes, hang pictures, and many other things....the house is about 99% done! It was such an accomplishment, and we even threw in some car drama for kicks. Despite all of the hard work, we ate some amazing meals together and relaxed outside on the patio.

Dad-to-be and Grandpa-to-be made a great team!
Then, on Saturday, Kara threw me an absolutely beautiful baby shower. Kara really has a knack for hosting amazing parties, and she went all-out with a creative "Bedtime Stories" theme. Tables were set like a bed, complete with pillow, book, and teddy bear on one end. She asked guests to all bring their favorite childhood book with an inscription for Baby Campbell, who now has an amazing library of classics. We also received so many essentials for the baby, that I feel so much more prepared...like I said, we are so spoiled by our friends! It was so touching to see how much thought and care Kara put in for a really special day for me, and I teared up every time I tried to thank her. Yeah, my hormones fly everywhere now, but I can't blame my blubbering completely on pregnancy. I'm just a big softie, like Dad.

The amazing Kara!

Here's a link to more fantastic pictures that Lindsay and Kara took of the shower.

5 comments:

Minna said...

I just looked through the pictures, and that is the most awesome baby shower ever!

Congrats on moving into your new home, Erin. You look wonderful!

Love ya,
Minna

Ellen said...

The baby shower theme was such a good idea! Now I wish I were having a baby shower for somebody so I could do that. I hope you had a great time, Erin.
We are going to Florida in two weeks to paint and hang new shades, things like that, in our new old condo.
I wonder if Jerry will come down and help? Hmmm....

Frances Katrin said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Jessica said...

Awww...what wonderful friends you have! Looks like you had a beautiful shower - I love the theme. Story time is one of Peyton's favorite times of the evening.
Best of luck in the next few weeks!

Love, Jess

Kara said...

You are certainly NOT spoiled, and far from rotten!

I cannot wait to meet this sweet little girl!