Friday, July 20, 2007

Mid-week excitement

This week has been an adventure for the Campbell clan. This week, we took Winston for a trip at the groomer for the first time. Since Winston is a wiry-coated pup (most likely some sort of PBGV/terrier mix), the groomer had to "hand strip" his coat. Now, he looks like he's wearing just his underwear. Although he doesn't have that adorable shaggy look now, I know the summer in NC and AZ will be a bit more bearable.

Before
After


Earlier in the week, I rebelled against my lengthy education and grabbed the handle of a pan that had just come out of the oven. It was a very painful burn over the entire inside of my hand, but luckily it looks great today. The doctor gave me some good pain medication, and wrapped my hand for a few days. As requested by Brian, I've posted a picture of the mitten.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Thank you!!! That's awesome.

BTW, your mob name would be Mittens McCarthy.

Jen said...

ouch! that's up there with the time I burned my hand with hot agarose! (yes, it was my 3rd day on the job...)

Unknown said...

That's why i don't cook...or at least one reason :) Glad to hear it's doing better.