Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Showered!

Hey everyone,
Last Thursday my lab threw a baby shower luncheon for John and I, with labmates and and a few friends from the university attending. Our lab's manager, Hope, went above and beyond in organizing the entire thing....there was more than enough food and cake to go around, and we all played some fun games. The baby gifts were beyond generous, and I can confidently say that our little girl is already very stylish with all of the adorable clothes she already has. She will look awesome in her little Hawaiian-print halter dress, even if she doesn't know it yet!

This week we started our weekly childbirth class. This comes as no surprise to anyone, but I've been very committed to reading all of the pregnancy books (and now baby books!) so a lot of the information wasn't new to me. Still, I think it will be a good experience for John and I to hear the instructor's take on a lot of things, as she has many years' experience as a doula and childbirth and childcare instructor.

Enough about us....our little peanut now is about 4 1/2 pounds and she is kicking/jabbing with a ferocity that I love. According to the doctor, everything is in fantastic shape and even she said that the baby looks perfect. Like we needed confirmation! A lot of people are asking about her name...John and I have a front-runner that we really like, as well as some very close second place options, but we're going to wait until we meet her to make a final decision. So, keep the guessing games going (right, Ellen Margaret?)!

3 comments:

Aunt Ellen Margaret said...

All right, I have a funny feeling you are going with Ellen Margaret, but don't want to make everyone else jealous, and I can respect that. I will act really surprised when I hear that that is the name.
But I think other people should make suggestions. Come on, folks, any ideas???

Anonymous said...

I don't have any suggestions or guesses. I just hope you don't name your kid after fruit or comic book heros! (see http://tinyurl.com/ynuklu)

Aunt Ellen Jean Ellen Jean said...

I just thought of it!!! ellen jean ellen jean

How cute!